PHI is happy to announce the launch of a world architectural competitors for the design of PHI Modern, a cultural establishment in Montreal, devoted to exploring the up to date by public engagement with artwork and tradition.
Based by cultural protagonist Phoebe Greenberg, PHI is an ever-evolving cultural infrastructure devoted to supporting artwork and artists probing key agendas of our instances, and the mutual — and radical — accessibility between them and the general public.
As a future repository for PHI’s legacy, PHI Modern shall be a brand new and everlasting house to consolidate, prolong and intersect PHI’s cultural providing, its communities, and the general public lifetime of the town. Situated in Outdated Montreal, and constructed upon a website rife with historical past — comprising an assemblage of 4 historic buildings and an adjoining vacant lot — PHI Modern will consolidate the general public cultural providing at the moment housed inside PHI Basis and PHI Centre. The 6,900 sqm / 74,000 sqft venture will home exhibition areas, a community of latest media galleries, mediation, analysis and studio areas, and an expansive public area.
The projected building finances is CAN$47,280,000, excluding taxes and inflation. Hit the blue button under for extra data on how one can apply for this main fee:
Discover Out Extra and Apply
Competitors Course of & Schedule
The worldwide structure competitors shall be held in three phases, following an open name for
candidature, as follows:
Name for Candidature
Worldwide name for candidature
Aug 25 – Oct 14, 2021
Stage 1: Strategic Proposals
Growth of Strategic Proposals by ten (10) Rivals, chosen by the Jury
Nov 22, 2021 – Jan 20, 2022
Stage 2: Architectural Proposals
Growth of Architectural Proposals by 5 (5) Finalists, chosen by the Jury
Feb 14 – Apr 7, 2022
Stage 3: Accomplished Proposals & Multidisciplinary Staff Dossiers
Growth of Accomplished Proposals and presentation of Multidisciplinary Staff dossiers by two (2) Grand Finalists, chosen by the Jury
Could 9 – Jun 16, 2022
Announcement of the Winner
July 15, 2022
The target of the Competitors is to pick out the lead architect for the conclusion of PHI Modern
on the idea of the standard of their design idea, design strategy and multidisciplinary staff.
Any Architect who meets the next standards is eligible to enter the Competitors:
- Is a member in good standing of the skilled order or nationwide affiliation governing
architectural follow within the nation during which they function.
- Has not less than 10 years expertise working towards structure.
- Has accomplished a minimal of two (2) tasks within the cultural sphere.
- Has accomplished not less than one (1) venture involving the renovation or restoration of heritage
- A consortium is eligible to submit if it demonstrates that it’s composed of entities which have
accomplished not less than one venture collectively previous to submission.
Members shall be remunerated for phases 1, 2 and three of the competitors, as follows:
- Name for candidature: No charges or remuneration shall be issued in reference to the decision for candidature
- Stage 1: CAN$65,000
- Stage 2: CAN$200,000
- Stage 3: CAN$75,000 + CAN$75,000 for the multidisciplinary staff’s participation on this stage
- Amale Andraos, Architect, Principal, WORKac; Dean and Professor, Columbia GSAPP
- Elizabeth Diller, Architect, Associate, Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- Miles Greenberg, Artist
- Phoebe Greenberg, Founder and CCO, PHI
- Jacques Lachapelle, Architect; Professor, Université de Montréal College of Structure
- Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli, Architect and Curator; Founding companion, 2050+
- Jean-Michel Othoniel, Artist
- Dan Stubbergaard, Architect; Founder, Cobe
Discover Out Extra and Apply