What’s a Ficus Elastica Tineke? The Tineke is a choose number of Ficus elastica and a “new” extremely variegated rubber plant available on the market. On this article, we’ll share what your plant wants for correct care of Ficus tineke.
Fast Ficus Tineke Care Suggestions
- Botanical Identify: Ficus elastica ‘Tineke
- Frequent Identify(s): Rubber Plant Tineke, Variegated rubber Tree, Tineke rubber plant
- Synonyms: Ficus Tineke, Ficus elastica variegata
- Household & Origin: Moraceae household, native to Southeast Asia, India and Indonesia
- Growability: Straightforward to develop
- Develop Zone: USDA zones 10-11
- Measurement: Grows to 2-10′ ft tall indoors and 5′ inches huge
- Flowering: Not often flowers indoors
- Mild: Vibrant, oblique daylight
- Humidity: Prefers excessive humidity
- Temperature: 60-75° levels Fahrenheit
- Soil: Nicely-draining soil
- Water: Water when the highest inch of soil dries out
- Fertilizer: Diluted liquid fertilizer as soon as a month throughout rising season
- Pests & Ailments: Mealybugs, spider mites, scale bugs, root rot
- Propagation: Stem cuttings and air-layers
- Plant Makes use of: Air air purifier, ornamental ground plant
Ficus Elastica Tineke Care- The Fundamentals
Measurement and Development Price
Ficus Teneke grows as small indoor vegetation reaching 2′ – 10′ ft tall tree or bush. Rising outdoor in USDA Hardiness Zones 10b to 11, bushes can attain 50′ ft tall and extra.
Tineke rubber tree shows hanging variegation of cream to nearly white and inexperienced leaves. The mature shiny leaves of Tineke attain as much as 12″ inches lengthy and 5″ inches huge. The sheath on the prime of the stem can be a deep burgundy-red coloration. Some counsel the distinctive coloration of the leaf seems nearly like watercolor.
The burgundy rubber tree is a fast-growing Ficus. Variegated Ficus has much less chlorophyll and grows at a slower tempo.
Flowering and Perfume
Kinds of ficus elastica’ do flower. However solely flower when grown outdoor of their native house of Malaysia, Java, or the Himalayas. Flowering indoors is a uncommon prevalence. When Ficus elastica tineke does flower, they’re easy white blooms.
Its minimal perfume solely attracts fig wasps and no other forms of pollinators.
Ficus Tineke Mild Necessities and Temperature
The best Ficus elastica Tineke does greatest indoors with shiny, oblique gentle. In decrease gentle circumstances, new leaves produce much less creamy variegation. Crops are also much less more likely to produce new wholesome development.
- If the leaves are shedding their variegation, transfer your Tineke plant to a location with a shiny lighting supply.
- Indoors preserve a mean room temperature above 55° levels Fahrenheit of heat temperatures and reasonable humidity degree and hours of soppy morning daylight. Take into account including an important humidifier to extend humidity in some area that continues to be heat.
- Keep in mind, an excessive amount of gentle can scorch the foliage of Tineke Rubber vegetation. In distinction, too little gentle could imply duller colours and fewer variation from dry warmth.
- Ficus Tineke will be finicky to temperature. It doesn’t tolerate inconsistent temperatures. Climate modifications similar to sudden temperature drops, chilly drafts, and dry circumstances will have an effect on your decorative plant.
- On the flip facet, in case your leaves are crispy and have brown spots, your plant could also be too dry or get an excessive amount of solar publicity.
The best way to water and feed Ficus Tinekes: Watering Wants
The favored rubber Tineke is a comparatively low-maintenance houseplant. Forestall overwatering rubber vegetation.
If the roots sit in extra water, they’ll undergo from root rot, and fungus gnats can develop into a difficulty. Permit the highest one inch of soil to dry out earlier than watering as soon as each one to 2 weeks once more.
The indoor tinekes will nonetheless search deep watering in accordance with the pure rising season. Water your plant extra through the summer season months and cut back through the winter weeks for excellent stability.
Feed your new Ficus species month-to-month throughout heat temperatures. Use a half-strength balanced liquid fertilizer.
Potting, Soil, And Transplanting
The tineke variegated rubber tree plant thrives in gentle, well-draining, moist soil. It may well tolerate heavy clay, sandy, loamy, or dry soil. Keep in mind to make use of a pot with drainage holes.
When transplanting, choose a pot that’s solely a bit of bigger in diameter than the unique one. Deciding on a pot too massive could cause widespread issues with retaining extreme moisture and soggy roots. Select a well-draining potting combine. Elastica vegetation wish to be barely potbound.
It does properly in both acidic or alkaline soil. Whatever the Ficus selection, these vegetation will develop indoors. Don’t overpot. Your Tineke Rubber plant needs to be effective within the pot you’ll need to buy for a yr.
In case your plant will get top-heavy, use a cachepot to maintain the top-heavy rubber tree from falling over.
Repotting is essential to permit the roots to develop regularly. Plus, a contemporary wealthy soil combination will rejuvenate the plant. When repotting, repot through the early spring. Ficus reveals shock by dropping leaves.
Tineke Rubber Tree Pruning and Upkeep
As houseplants, the tineke rubber tree is not going to want a lot grooming. Mature vegetation might have excellent pruning to keep up their form or take away undesirable branches.
To realize a bushier, fuller, and extra spectacular form, prune the first branches of your Rubber plant tineke.
For a extra slender tree-like look, don’t prune. Utilizing a clear, sharp blade, lower off a six-inch portion of a wholesome department simply above a leaf node.
Giant rubber plant leaves acquire mud. Every so often, clear the thick, waxy leaves with a humid material on a pebble tray.
As a newbie houseplant fanatic, your potted Rubber tropical species tree tineke could develop aerial roots that develop above floor when it will get bigger.
One of many fast-spreading roots helps stabilize the tree however isn’t vital. Eradicating these aerial roots is not going to harm your plant. It begins with choosing healthy-looking stems after which making a clear, sharp lower.
As for the plant development, foliage decrease on the plant will drop off to focus power on newer development. Though some leaf development is misplaced naturally, letting your plant get too dry can kill off the plant.
Propagating Ficus Tineke
Ficus elastica Tineke is simple to propagate. You don’t create a brand new Ficus Tineke Rubber Tree by air layering. However, this propagation technique is intricate and wishes some talent to get it proper.
The method is simple however can get messy as a result of milky sap it oozes when lower. However propagating ficus tineke from stem cuttings makes rooting new variegated rubber vegetation straightforward.
- Select a department to propagate and take a chopping about 12″ inches lengthy.
- Take away the decrease oval leaves.
- Apply a rooting hormone to the bottom of the tip-cutting.
- Place into a brand new pot crammed with well-draining soil.
- Water and place a plastic bag over the pot to create a synthetic greenhouse. A soda bottle works properly, too.
- Place your new chopping in a shiny, heat room in entrance of a south- or west-facing window close to the outside. No direct daylight from east-facing window.
- New roots ought to kind in 30-60 days.
- As soon as your new Ficus is properly established, repot into a bigger 6″ pot.
NOTE: The sap of Tineke Ficus could cause pores and skin irritation
Ficus Tineke Plant Pests or Ailments
The largest problem for variegated vegetation like Tineke are vulnerable to pests. Examples of pests are leaf and root mealybugs, aphids, plant scales, bugs, weedy thugs, and spider mites that should be prevented.
Like different rubber vegetation, Ficus Tineke is typically vulnerable to fungal ailments similar to Anthracnose.
All variegated Ficus varieties appear to undergo from some type of brown spots on the leaves. What causes brown spots?
- An excessive amount of direct gentle can burn leaves as a consequence of extended publicity.
- Low humidity can dry the leaves.
- Over-fertilizing may end up in burns from salt buildup.
Ficus Rubber Timber don’t like modifications. They like:
Constant Temperatures – When uncovered to drops in temperature, they reply by dropping leaves.
Moist Not Moist Soil – If the soil stays too dry after which stays moist. Roots develop into mushy and begin to die. Leaves flip yellow and fall off.
Vibrant oblique gentle – Ficus produces leaves primarily based on the tropical gentle they obtain. When the leaves don’t “match” the lighting circumstances. The untimely leaf drop will likely be on the leaves.
To maintain your Tineke ficus plant trying its greatest, don’t neglect to mud the leaves with a microfiber material. Remember and don’t neglect to show it on periodically.
Present your Ficus Tineke with constant correct look after the most effective outcomes.
The place Does Ficus Elastica Originate?
Variegated ficus elastica originates in Southeast Asia, India, and Indonesia.
The place Does Ficus Elastica Originate?
The simple-to-find cultivar ficus tineke belongs to the Moraceae household. The plant’s genus identify means “edible fig.”