This week didn’t fairly go as deliberate. Our air conditioner stopped engaged on Monday, and we have been with out it for a number of hours. So having to cope with that, plus make it possible for Matt made it via a number of hours with out air-con on a day with 100+ diploma temps utterly threw off my plans for the week. After which the curve ball of coping with the sudden modifications within the hallway toilet took up much more time that I had anticipated having the ability to dedicate to the studio. However isn’t that the way in which life works?
So it’s been a little bit of a busy week, however I used to be nonetheless capable of make some progress within the studio. The progress is sluggish, however it’s regular, so a minimum of I’m on the right track. I haven’t needed to tear out any extra drywall or undo anything that’s already finished, in order that’s at all times excellent news. 😀
Earlier within the week, I confirmed y’all how I modified the IKEA Sektion cupboards to make use of on the lengthy entrance wall of the studio. I obtained all of these put in, and now they’re prepared for trim and a countertop.
Earlier than I obtained sidetracked with the A/C and hallway toilet countertop, my plan was to work on the countertop and have the higher cupboards put collectively in time for some males in our Wednesday night time group to have the ability to carry these into place for me. However after shedding virtually a complete work day due to the A/C, I knew that purpose wasn’t going to work out, so I made a decision to maneuver on to the opposite cupboard part as an alternative. That approach, I can get the entire cupboards put in, then get the entire cupboards in each sections trimmed out, after which construct each counter tops on the identical time.
However earlier than I might set up cupboards, I needed to get that part of the room painted. Reasonably than paint all the room directly, I’m having to do it in sections due to the issues I’m having to work round. It’s not probably the most environment friendly option to work, however it’s positive. It’ll all get finished. 🙂 However for now, I painted the world of the ceiling that’s above this part of cupboards, after which I painted the a part of the wall that’s behind and beside this part of cupboards. I nonetheless have to return and do this little part above the door.
I typically take pleasure in portray a room, however I can let you know proper now that I’m not having fun with this one. I don’t like having to climb up and down a 10-foot ladder (I don’t like tall ladders), and I’m ultimately going to have to tug out the 12-foot ladder. I’m dreading that. However I’m getting it finished, part by part, slowly however certainly. I’m very pleased with the colours that I lastly settled on — pure white extremely flat Behr ceiling paint for the ceiling, and Benjamin Moore Traditional Grey for the partitions (blended in Behr Premium paint).
So as soon as that part of the wall and ceiling have been painted, I might get to the enjoyable half — assembling and putting in the cupboards. I made and added 3-inch ft to those cupboards similar to I did for those on the lengthy wall. (You may learn extra about that right here.) These ft don’t need to be fairly as a result of they’ll be hidden behind trim.
I haven’t truly put in the cupboards but (i.e., connected them to the wall) as a result of the set up on these cupboards received’t be as easy as the opposite wall of cupboards. As you possibly can see, this wall would require some areas between the cupboards.
Since I’m utilizing IKEA cupboards as an alternative of constructing from scratch, I solely had particular widths to select from. I selected the sizes that may fill the area as a lot as attainable, however the match wasn’t almost pretty much as good for this wall because it was for the lengthy entrance wall. I do know that I would like the 2 center cupboards to be proper towards one another (i.e., no area between them) and centered below the window.
However then that leaves areas on both facet of the cupboard within the nook. It wants an area between the left facet and the wall of a minimum of 1.5 inches, however then that leaves a 5-inch area on the precise facet of the cupboard.
I had thought of framing that out and having a slot for one thing helpful, however I can’t consider any cause I’d want a 15-inch-deep, 5-inch-wide, 30-inch excessive slot in an workplace setting. If it have been a kitchen, and the cupboards have been 24 inches deep, it might be an excellent place for cookie sheets. However I can’t consider any use for this area, so I’ll most likely simply cowl it with a 5-inch-wide spacer.
However no matter I do on that facet, I’m additionally going to need to do on the opposite facet to be able to maintain the entire thing symmetrical.
I’ll determine it out. It’s simply going to take some thought and planning to get it excellent.
I’m actually hoping I can get these put in after which lastly make some progress on the counter tops this weekend. Barring any unexpected circumstances, that’s the plan. We’ll see how that goes. 😀
Addicted 2 Adorning is the place I share my DIY and adorning journey as I transform and embellish the 1948 fixer higher that my husband, Matt, and I purchased in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do bodily work, so I do the vast majority of the work on the home on my own. You may study extra about me right here.