The EU’s Digital Companies Act (DSA) will create new transparency and accountability guidelines for on-line providers. The DSA would proceed the precept enshrined within the eCommerce Directive that on-line providers are topic to the legislation of the member state the place they’re established. Nonetheless, some member states have proposed altering the DSA in order that member states can implement guidelines for any on-line middleman offering providers of their nation. The aim of this modification could be to stop underenforcement however the threat is that this modification would create fragmentation of the Digital Single Market.
Be part of the Heart for Knowledge Innovation for a panel dialogue on the enforcement framework within the DSA, the function of the Member States and the Fee, and the way the European Parliament ought to tackle these points.
Date and Time:
- November 16, 2021, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (EST) / 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (CET)
- Vinous Ali, Coordinator, Digital Future for Europe
- Benedikt Blomeyer, Director EU Coverage, Allied for Startups
- Irene Roche Laguna, Deputy Head, Unit Digital Companies and Platforms (CNECT.F.2)
- Christophe Carugati, Senior Analyst, Heart for Knowledge Innovation (moderator)
Audio system TBA
Register for the video webinar.
Have questions for the panel? Submit them on Slido.